He's been experimenting with cooking since going totally Paleo last year, and, as he's of French extraction, his experiments tend to be very tasty. Here's his latest. (If you didn't know that this contained no wheat flour, you'd never guess.)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup palm sugar simple syrup - see below
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1Tbsp vanilla extract - gluten free kind, yes as sad as it is most vanilla extract has gluten and HFCS..... I use Madagascar vanilla extract.
Palm sugar simple syrup:
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar, I use sweet tree, the type of palm that is used has some proof that the glycemic index is 35.
- 1/2 cup water
Let the syrup cool before using, you may want to make this before you start so you are not standing around waiting for it to cool.
Preheat oven to 350, place rack in the middle.
Line cupcake pan with 9 cupcake cups
Mix and combine the dry ingredients together (coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt) break up large lumps
Mix wet and combine together in separate bowl (coconut oil, eggs, palm sugar simple syrup, vanilla)
Mix wet into dry and mix with hand mixer until very well blended, smooth no lumps.
Add 1/4 cup of mix into each cupcake cup and bake in over for 18 to 22 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 1 hr in the pan before removing from the cups and eating.